Columbus Run Crew actively competes in 15 designated points races each year. Registered member accumulate points based on how they place in each of these races. At the end of the season, the points from each members’s top 7 races are totaled to determine the overall rankings of all the members.
In Columbus Run Crew, team point races are major team-bonding & social events. Race week amenities include a team bib pick-up, organized meet-ups for everyone to get to the race on time, cheer squads to support those racing, and post-race celebrations.
While team points races are competitive in allowing points to be scored, they are no different from any other race throughout the year. Everyone is encouraged to participate in team points events – whether racing, cheering or socializing. Your finish time can never hurt the team, so do not be discouraged from racing these events because you feel you are too slow. We pride ourselves in having great turnouts to team points races throughout the year, and they are a great way to race with the support and cheers of your wonderful team.
- 15 team points races per year
- Scoring happens in a variety of divisions based upon the race’s scoring. Points are earned by finishing in the top 3 overall for your gender, or top 6 of your designated age & gender division. Top 3 overall gender are removed from age & gender scoring. You only receive points for overall or age & gender; not both.
- 1st place overall gender = 10pts
- 2nd place overall gender = 9pts
- 3rd place overall gender = 8pts
- 1st place age & gender = 8pts
- 2nd place age & gender = 7pts
- 3rd place age & gender = 6pts
- 4th place age & gender = 5pts
- 5th place age & gender = 4pts
- 6th place age & gender = 3pts
- 7th place age & gender = 2pts
- 8th place age & gender = 1pt
- At end of year, each member’s top 7 races points are added up to see total rankings across the Columbus Run Crew
- At the annual Columbus Run Crew night, the year’s top scorers are honored and receive special awards.Columbus Run Crew Badges are also awarded at this event.
2017 Team Points Races
- Field Of Heroes 5K – May 28
- UACA 5 Miler – May 29
- The Big Run – June 7th
- Gary Smith Worthington Classic – June 11th
- Jaeger Run For Pride – June 16th
- Westerville July 4th 5K – July 4th
- Bull Run 5K & 10K – August 19th
- Hoot Half & 10K Trail Race – August 20th
- Emerald City Half & Quarter – August 27th
- Summer Squatch 10K Trail Race – September 14th
- Oktoberfest 4 Miler – September
- Donut Run 5K – October 29th
- Buckeye Classic 10K – November
- Flying Feather 4 Miler – November 23rd
- Jingle Bell Run – December